After the construction of your building is complete, the next thing to do is to remove the dust, debris and any unused materials. This is when commercial construction cleaning services can be helpful.
It’s vital to consider if you should do post-construction cleaning or hire cleaners. Most aspects of cleaning up after construction work are more labor intensive. Some of them may need specialized tools like wet/dry vacuums and floor polishers. Yes, you can rent most construction cleaning equipment from a hardware store. But this might cost you more than hiring professional cleaners.
What Is A Commercial Post-Construction Cleaning?
Commercial post-construction cleaning is cleaning up after construction. A construction contractor may do some general cleaning of debris. But there are some detailed cleaning that is not part of their job. This kind of cleaning usually involves the entire facility from top to bottom.
Moreover, sweeping is not the only thing to do during this phase. There’s the cleaning of the carpet, polishing floors, removing drywall dust, sawdust and other visible items. Some of the cleaning requirements include the following:
- Walls should be clean and free from marks, smudges and paint splatters
- Power washing and cleaning of windows and their frames
- Plastic and sticker removal from furniture, doors, and windows
- Floors that are free from debris should be clean and polished. (Most especially on edges and corners)
- Dusting (wet and dry) ceilings, lights, fans, and heaters
- Trim cleaning
- Threshold cleaning
- Cleaning of all appliances, cabinets, and shelves
- Proper disposal of trash and debris
- Addressing any safety issues to the construction contractors. (Include loose wires and leaks)
- Last detailed checking of all the space, corners, and inner surfaces
The following are the phases of post-construction cleaning that you should check out:
This cleaning allows for the final walk-through to be more accessible. Any touch-up work needed by contractors should be more visible. During rough cleaning, cleaners remove all surface dust, debris, trash, and leftover materials. After that, the general sweeping or vacuuming will follow. There’s also the removal of stickers from doors and windows.
Most expert cleaners consider this phase to be the hardest work and requires a lot of cleaning tools. Cleaners pay more attention to rooms like restrooms and kitchens. There’s a thorough cleanup of sinks, toilets, cabinets, windows, and other installed items. The light clean phase is one of the reasons why people hire expert cleaning services.
The light clean phase consists of, but is not limited to:
- Floors. Scraping floors of debris, sweeping, washing floors, wet mop, and vacuuming.
- Bathrooms. Cleaning the light fixtures of dust. Then, sanitizing and disinfecting all urinals, commodes, showers, and tubs.
- Windows. Remove excess paint and stickers, and dust.
- Surfaces. Vacuuming all surfaces and wiping them with a disinfecting agent. These surfaces include chair rails, baseboards, window sills, countertops, drawers, and cabinets.
- Vents. Damp clean vents and vacuum all floors to remove debris and dust. Cleaning within vents on ceilings and walls.
- Appliances. Damp cleaning and shining
- Light Fixtures. Cleaning of light fixtures with a four-step ladder, and polishing.
- Trash Removal. Removing trash and small debris left behind by contractors.
This last phase is also known as the touch-up cleaning phase. This happens several days after the light clean phase. The cleaning crew will still have time to pay more attention to the final clearing of dust on the site. The final clean phase takes only a short time.
Cost of Commercial Post-Construction Cleaning
There are several factors that can affect the cost of post-construction cleanup. These factors include the following:
- Size of the project
- Supplies and equipment needed
- Condition and accessibility of the property
- Local competition
The cost of commercial post-construction cleaning services varies. But it still depends on the type of cleaning. The following are the other cleaning services prices.
Cost of Post-Construction Window Cleaning
The cost of cleaning the interior and exterior windows may vary. This add-on service can be pricey because of the window size and accessibility. As such, you should expect to pay double for any exterior work done above the first floor.
Cost of Rough Interior Construction Cleanup
Rough interior cleaning costs will depend on various factors. This usually happens during construction before adding the final element like floors. This type of construction cleaning job includes:
- Sweeping and prepping floor underlayment for tiles, carpet, and others
- Washing all interior windows
- Dusting surfaces
- Removing debris
Cost of Interior Construction Final Cleaning
The cost of final interior scrubbing varies. Under the final interior cleanup are the key cleaning jobs such as:
- Walls (including removing dust, dirt, scuff marks, and smudges)
- Ceiling and light fixtures and fans
- The faces, sides, and tops of doors
- All trim (including all baseboards and door and window frames)
- Floors, including buffing and waxing (if applicable) or vacuuming carpet
- Windows, including tracks and frames
- Ducts, vents, and baseboard heating exchanges
- Removing all trash, plastic coverings, and stickers
Cost of Exterior Construction Cleanup
The cost of exterior cleaning and junk removal may vary. The general contractor usually takes care of most of this cleanup. But it is better to hire a local junk and waste removal service. This project stage includes the following:
- Removing all trash from the property or building (including lumber and debris)
- Washing the exterior windows and doors
- Sweeping and dusting off any entry doorways
- Sweeping and power washing the driveway and any other paved surfaces
Are you in need of post construction cleaning services? Prestigious Cleaning Team offers several cleaning services including post-construction cleaning. We only use green cleaning products in your construction zone. We also offer other services like house cleaning and office cleaning. For inquiries, you can call us at (770) 422-5326. Or you can chat with one of our representatives to book one of our professional cleaners.