You can make your tile floors and walls look beautiful and impressive by cleaning them. A tile floor may seem indestructible, but it needs some care to maintain its stunning appearance.
Tile and grout cleaning can be challenging yet important. It does not only maintain the appearance of your floor. It also helps make the tile and grout last longer. This article will tell you why it is important to clean your tile and grout. It will also provide helpful tips on how to clean grout and tile.
Useful Guide on How to Clean Grout and Tile
Grout cleaning is usually a delicate matter that you should leave to the expert cleaners. That’s because it can take hours of scrubbing all those lines between the tiles. Even with that, it may not be clean enough or the tiles may get damaged.
Keep in mind that grout is the glue that holds tile together. It stains and trying to rub it too hard can wear the grout away. If grout wears down or cracks, water can get behind the tiles. It is only a matter of time before your tiles start breaking or the subfloor and wall become compromised.
Do you want to try grout cleaning yourself? You can sprinkle baking soda on all the grout and pour on some hydrogen peroxide. Let it sit for 10 to 20 minutes. After that, you can scrub all the grout using a toothbrush. Take note that this is a time-consuming process. It could make your hands feel sore as well. As such, you need to be careful. You should scrub in a gentle manner since too rough could damage the grout.
The following is a helpful guide on how to clean grout:
● Cleaning Grout in the Shower
- First, run a hot shower with the door and windows closed for a few minutes. Do this before you begin cleaning grout with your wall tiles.
- Next, make a paste using a mixture of bleach and baking soda. It should have a toothpaste consistency.
- Then, use a small, soft material like cotton wool or cotton buds to get the mixture into the tile grout. Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Next, wipe down walls after your shower with a clean, dry cloth. This can help limit the grime and mold that water encourages.
- Make sure to pay special attention to the corners and bottom of the wall. This way, you can avoid a buildup of water.
● Cleaning Grout on Floor Tiles
- First, make a mixture using one cup of hydrogen peroxide and one cup of baking soda. Place them in a bowl. Make sure to wear gloves.
- Next, apply the mixture to your floor grout either using a spray bottle or with an old toothbrush. Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Then, scrub using your toothbrush and rinse with warm water.
- For large tiled floors, you can avoid scrubbing when cleaning grout by using a steam mop or cleaner.
● Cleaning Grout with Baking Soda and Vinegar
- First, create a paste by mixing a 3:1 ratio of baking soda and vinegar.
- Next, use a gloved finger or dry sponge to apply the paste to the tile grout.
- Then, combine a 1:1 ratio of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray your mixture onto the tile grout.
- Keep in mind that it will bubble. You have nothing to worry about. Make sure to scrub well with a sponge or nylon brush.
- After that, use a clean wet cloth to rinse the grout.
● Cleaning Grout with Bleach
Are you planning on cleaning grout between tiles with a chemical cleaner like bleach? There are plenty of ways of going about this. For the quickest and easiest method, you only need to pour a little bleach into a cup. Then, take an old toothbrush, dip it in and apply it to the grout.
Another way is by mixing bleach with some baking soda to make a paste. Then, apply it to the grout and leave for 15 minutes. After that, use the brush to scrub at it to work away from the grime.
Rinse down the area with a clean showerhead or wet cloth. Make sure to allow the grout to dry before deciding if you need to take another run at it.
Keep in mind that if you’re using a heavier chemical cleaner like bleach, always open the windows. This is to reduce fumes. You should take care of what products you’re using together.
● Cleaning Mold from Grout
Knowing how to get rid of mold is crucial to keeping your home healthy and clean. Mold and mildew can cause problems on the surfaces in your home. You can use a mold remover that works on different grout colors. Make sure you’re wearing gloves when using the mold remover. Then, spray the grout with the remover and leave it to work for a few minutes.
Next, brush the grout using a stiff brush or an old toothbrush, or an old nail brush. Then, use a shower head to remove loose dirt. Clean it with lukewarm water and leave it to dry. If you think it’s necessary, you can repeat the process.
If you want the best way to clean grout, you should consider hiring a cleaning service company. Expert cleaners have special tools and grout cleaners. They can make the grout look beautiful without damaging it. Hiring professional tile and grout cleaners can also save you money.
Is your house in need of professional cleaning services? You can leave the cleaning of your home to professional cleaners from PCT Clean. We are a cleaning services company that offers office cleaning and move in/move out cleaning. For inquiries, you can call us at (770) 422-5326. Or you can chat with one of our representatives to book one of our professional house cleaners.